SABIS® is a global education network that has an active presence in 20 countries on five continents. Schools in the SABIS® Network educate over 70,000 students and implement a proven, proprietary system. SABIS® Network schools provide students with a top-quality education that prepares them to meet the challenges of a changing world.
SABIS® and SABIS® Network schools employ over 8,000 employees worldwide.
For more information about the SABIS® Network, visit: www.sabis.net.
Inspect sites regularly to identify problems and necessary maintenance as well as prepare weekly maintenance schedules and allocate work as per forecasted workloads.
- Performing general maintenance of school.
- Ensuring that building and school facilities are always in good condition.
- Ensuring the cleanliness of the whole school including the outside of the school along the boundary wall.
- Ensuring that the maintenance team, which includes masons, painters, and carpenters perform daily visits to the classrooms and school facilities and attend to any maintenance needed.
- Ensuring that maintenance staff visit all roofs weekly to check if any cleaning is needed on drain outlets.
- Ensuring that gardeners take care of the backfield and all the plants.
- Ensuring that cleaning staff attend all cleaning tasks before starting school, during school hours, and after school.
- Ensuring that male/female cleaners are always in their designated areas and attending their work.
- Ensuring that the school is ready for the next day before leaving or allowing his/her staff to leave.
- Ensuring his/her staff’s daily attendance.
- Acquiring prior approval from the Chief Accountant and School Director for materials required for a maintenance project.
- Reporting all issues to the Chief Accountant and IT Administrator.
- Minimum High School Diploma
- 2 years of experience as a Maintenance Supervisor (essential).
- Strong knowledge of building trades, cleaning procedures, and maintenance
- Solid understanding of health and safety regulations and practices
- Effective budgeting and performance management.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Great eye for detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Works well under pressure and meets tight deadlines.
Must meet all employment requirements including, but not limited to, country and local education and certification requirements, reference checks, and criminal background checks.
Additional details about this position will only be provided to short-listed candidates.
SABIS® is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to a policy of non – discrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religion, marital status, disability or any other legally protected characteristics.